A few of my friends have really inspired me lately to just take a step back and think about all of the wonderful things in my life – big and small. So today I just want to think about just a few things that are making me oh so happy right now, and how grateful I am for all of them.
1. Nick finished his quarter! Bonus: he finished all of his projects on Saturday, so we had all day yesterday all to ourselves, free of work and school. We spent it at the beach, cooking food, and just hanging out. I’m so thankful we had that day together. Now he only has two quarters left before he gets his MBA!
2. My book club with my friend Christy. It’s just the two of us. She lives in DC so we send each other books in the mail and then talk about them on Skype. It’s my kind of book club because I get to see my friend, hear what she thinks about great books, and I also get to wear sweatpants. Some of my absolute favorite books have been books that she has sent me or recommended to me. I am so happy to have a friend who shares my love for reading anything and everything, and I am really enjoying the most recent book she sent me – And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.
3. A letter from a friend. We went to college together and although I haven’t seen her in years, getting such a warm letter in the mail from her over the weekend made me smile. I just love snail mail!
4. My friend Erinn is visiting me this summer! I have known her since I was 10 months old! Now she lives in Boston and loves traveling and going on adventures. We’re having so much fun planning out her visit and I am so excited to spend some time with her.
5. Girl Scout Cookies!!! Nick and I stumbled upon a booth sale and got some Tagalongs and Thin Mints. It was the first time I’ve seen Girl Scouts selling cookies this year so I was really excited. I was a Girl Scout from grammar school all throughout high school so I think that these cookies are just the best and I love supporting the Girl Scouts. Win win!
What has made you happy recently?
Hope everyone has a great start to the week!