Happy Friday!! Today I thought I would do something different and just post some random things about me!
1. In college, we had to do a 50+ page research paper in order to graduate. Mine was on Harry Potter. It took me a while to convince my Dean that this was a serious academic endeavor. Luckily, I had an awesome advisor who was completely for it.
2. I don’t like cake.
3. When I met Nick my hair was very blonde.
4. When I was 11, I slipped while I was running on the first day of summer camp. I had to have two surgeries, one on each of my knees. I have two large scars which don’t bother me at all. But I do blame this for my aversion to running.
5. But…. I love lifting weights and doing yoga. Before our wedding, I hired a personal trainer who taught me all about how to lift weights properly, and I have been hooked ever since.
6. I can’t write unless I have a cup of coffee next to me. I have this weird mental block, thinking that if I don’t have caffeine I can’t be creative.
7. I have always lived within 30 minutes of a beach.
8. I don’t wear makeup.
9. I have a slight obsession with decorative kitchen towels. Ever since Nick and I got married, I have been collecting them. I love changing them out for different holidays and just having random different ones to decorate our kitchen with.
10. I love to clean! I don’t do it as often as I should, because living here in Hawaii I feel like there are always more important things to do, like go to the beach. But I really enjoy cleaning when I finally get around to it.
11. Whenever I am cleaning or cooking, I need music playing in the background.
12. The day before I was going to send out the “Save the Dates” for our wedding, Nick called me from Hawaii. He was literally getting on a boat, about to be deployed. He told me that he was going to have to go on another deployment during the time we scheduled our wedding. After hanging up with him, I re-planned our entire wedding in one day.
13. My ultimate dream is to get a PhD in English and then teach at a small college.
14. Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite thing ever.
15. I think sugar in coffee tastes gross.
What are some random/weird facts about you??
Hope everyone has a great weekend!