Just taking stock and feeling thankful! I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend with Nick. We’re planning to cook food together, and I hope we can do something outside too. This week was great, and I am so grateful:
1. Nick’s taking 3 classes instead of 4 this quarter. He jumped right back into school the day after we got back from New Zealand, but already I can see what a difference having just one less class is making. Nick has more free time than he’s ever had since he started school, so we get to hang out a lot more. The other day Nick got home from work a little early, and we went on a short hike. I love that Nick finally has time to enjoy Hawaii a little bit more because was cooped up a lot over the past few months.
2. The next night, we went out for ice cream sandwiches. Some days you go hiking, some days you just eat ice cream.
3. Books and beach time. I love going to the beach with coffee and a book. I’m reading such a good book right now – The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. I don’t think it’s for everyone, but I am really enjoying it. A friend recommended it to me on Goodreads and I am so glad she did because I hadn’t heard of it before. I’ve been loving Goodreads lately. It’s so much fun to see what my friends think about the books they are reading and I especially love when they recommend books to me!
4. Yoga. It felt amazing to get back into it after being away!
5. My mom sent me a bunch of scrapbooking supplies in the mail so that I could get started on my New Zealand scrapbook. It was such a sweet and thoughtful surprise. My mom knows how much I love scrapbooking and that there aren’t really any good scrapbook stores nearby. I am so excited to go through our photos and start our New Zealand scrapbook. I’ve been making scrapbooks ever since Nick and I were dating and it’s so much fun to go through them every once in a while.
Are there any other scrapbookers out there? Where do you get the best supplies? And are there any people out there doing Project Life? I’m thinking about giving it a try!