It’s a huge compliment when another blogger says something nice about your blog, and I was so touched when Sarah nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Sarah is one of my favorite bloggers. She said this in her own post, but I have to repeat it because it is so true — we really are kindred spirits. She is an American poet getting her graduate degree in England. I was drawn to her blog because of her stunning photos, but I quickly fell in love with her writing. You can tell she is a poet from her posts. I love how real and honest she is. I feel like I can relate a lot to her when she talks about being far from home, and I love reading about all of her travels.
All you have to do when another blogger nominates you for the Versatile Blogger Award is to write 7 things about yourself, which I thought was perfect timing since I’ve been connecting with a lot more people lately on the blog and love posts like this.
Read Sarah’s post here. I loved getting to know her a little better through that post and hopefully I can share a little bit more about myself too. Here I go:
1. I was born and raised in New York, where most of my family still lives. My college is less than 2 miles from my high school. So, the last life I ever expected for myself was one where I move around every couple of years, but now I can’t imagine it any other way.
2. I went to an all-girls Catholic high school, where we wore pleated skirts and knee socks and penny loafers, and a lot of us didn’t bother to do makeup. We even named our messy buns after our school. Most of those habits stuck with me. I never learned how to do to makeup and I throw my hair into a bun all the time, or a braid if I’m feeling fancy. I recently got rid of all of my high heels after realizing that I really am never going to wear them. I always choose to be comfortable even if it means my fashion lacks, because what’s the point of being uncomfortable in your own clothes?
3. I took the Pottermore patronus quiz and my patronus is a Calico Cat. At first I didn’t like that result. I wanted an owl. But then I remembered what I wrote about my cat Mollie, and I thought it was very apt. In that post I wrote that I admire cats because they are strong, independent, and always land on their feet and that is how I would like to be, so I’ll take a Calico Cat patronus. My husband took the same quiz and got Husky, which is 100% accurate for him. Clearly I have thought about this too much.
Nick and I also are both Ravenclaws which I think is very important to add right now.
4. I love to make scrapbooks. Real life scrapbooks, with ticket stubs and stickers and pretty paper and pictures. I make a scrapbook for Nick every Christmas that chronicles the year we had together. I’ve been doing this since our first year dating. I know it sounds corny but he really does love them. It’s become our Christmas tradition to get some wine and slowly go through all of the scrapbooks together. Last year I didn’t get to make Nick a scrapbook because we were PCSing and things just got crazy so I am a little behind, but I am working on catching up.
5. My current favorite authors are Margaret Atwood and Neil Gaiman.
6. Nick had to take a personality test called The Keirsey Temperament Sorter for work. He has had to take these a couple of times and always gets the same results, which he thinks are pretty accurate. So he asked me to take the same one. I found out that I am INFP:
“Full of enthuasiams and loyalties, but seldom talk of these until they know you well. Care about learning, ideas, language, and independent projects of their own. Tend to undertake too much, then somehow get it done. Friendly, but often too absorbed in what they are doing to be social. Little concern with possessions or physical surroundings.”
This kind of sounds like a fortune cookie, but I think that it also really describes me.
7. I love mornings. Give me a sunrise, a cup of coffee, and a book, and I will be a happy girl. I usually can’t stay up past 9pm.
I am not going to nominate people for the award because I did a similar thing about a year ago, but I love reading posts like this from other bloggers. If you want to write a bunch of facts about you, please send me the link! And if you have a post like that, please share it in the comments. I would love to read it.
Thank you Sarah for nominating me! It really did make my day.