This isn’t something I consciously think about during the year or even write down, but sometimes when I do something new I think, hey, I can add that to my list! This is such a fun reflection for me each year. It makes me want to keep exploring, traveling, pushing myself, writing, and learning in the next year.
So, anyway, here’s my list:
1. Worked as a travel blogger. I only made it 6 months, but hey, I got paid to write about Hawaii. And that’s pretty darn cool.
3. Biked out to see a real live lava flow.
6. Was on my own during Nick’s underways. During all of Nick’s previous deployments, I lived with my parents. Being on my own was a big change for me. It meant me taking over the finances, making decisions without being able to talk to Nick, and dealing with things like floods in my apartment.
7. Stargazed at 14,000 feet above sea level at Mauna Kea on the Big Island. Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain in the world if you measure from its base underwater, which is kind of cheating but let’s go with it. You are literally above the clouds.
10. Was interviewed for another blog. Check out my military spouse profile on Countdowns and Cupcakes. I seriously love Rachel’s blog and I love her Etsy shop, too.