Honestly, this post almost didn’t happen this week! Things have been so crazy this week. But then I told myself that I can’t bail on a weekly tradition that I started before I even get to the fifth week! So I sat myself down and wrote out what I’m thankful for. Luckily, it doesn’t take long to write out what you’re grateful for.
1. I’m thankful that the work in my apartment is done. Today is September 8. Our apartment flooded on June 9. Island time is a real thing. I know it’s not a huge deal, but something really bothered me about constantly having construction workers in my home. I’m a messy person, but I felt like my apartment had to be immaculate every morning at 9 am. Then they would come late or not at all. And then I would have to talk to them when I am supposed to be working. My dad is a carpenter so I get that they are just doing their job, but it was still annoying. Now that construction is done, I am so thankful to have my apartment back to myself. It feels amazing!
2. I’m thankful for my health insurance. I know I keep talking about this, but I had to go back to the doctor this week because I’ve had a cough for the past 3 weeks! Last month, I had a sore throat. I got antibiotics. About 2 days after I started them I got a cough. I thought they were related, but after 3 weeks of coughing, I went back to the doctor. They turned out to be completely separate. The doctor said that my cough is just allergies. I got an inhaler and Claritin today, and I already feel better.
3. I’m thankful for hikes. I am so thankful that I live somewhere where this beauty is everywhere. And, I’m thankful that I get to go out and enjoy it by hiking. Earlier this week, I went on this hike with my friends and it was an awesome day.
4. I’m thankful for my cell phone. I could write a whole blog post about this, but I am on my phone a lot and I’m not sorry about it. I try to put it away when I am talking to people because I don’t want to be rude, but my phone is how I stay connected to my family and friends all over the world. It’s how I make plans. It’s how I take pictures. It’s how I get an email from Nick when he’s out to sea. Thanks to my phone, I get a buzz as soon as it comes through. Military spouses love their phones.
5. I’m thankful for library book sales. I pretty much never buy books except for the Book of the Month club that I subscribe to, or if one of my favorite authors are coming out with a new book. Instead, I go to the little library bookstore. People donate their used books to the library and then a bunch of bookstores inside the libraries sell them for a quarter or .50. I love going into them and seeing what I can find. It’s like a treasure hunt. Plus, the books are cheap and all of the money goes toward library programs.
6. I’m thankful for workout buddies. I mentioned a few weeks ago that my friend has been coaching me with workouts. Well, she’s started training a bunch of my friends as well. On the days that we aren’t working out with her, we started working out together, and it makes the workouts so much more fun. I’m also grateful that we get to go to the gym on base for free!
7. I’m thankful for accidental treat-yo-self days. My friend and I went to a new shopping center in town called South Shore Market. We went because there are lots of small boutiques with locally made items, so I thought it would be cool to write about for work. I ended up buying myself this necklace and she got a pair of earrings. I don’t have much jewelry but I got it because the color reminds me of Hawaii. We also got lunch and somehow ended up buying fall decorations in TJ Maxx after. Treat yo self!
What are you grateful for this week?
Hope you have a great weekend, friends!